You may have heard that Melatonin will help you sleep, but I beg to differ.
Here’s why I don’t use melatonin:
- Melatonin is a hormone that interacts with other hormone systems.
- Melatonin is an unregulated dietary supplement so dosages in commercial products can be well off what’s on the label.
- Dosages are far greater than what we make in our bodies naturally.
- Taking it for jet lag is okay…but not for long term use.
Instead, I rely on these sleep habits:
- Get 10 minutes of natural sunshine within an hour of waking
- Observe the evening sunset
- Reduce overhead lights at night.Enjoy caffeinated drinks before noon.
- Exercise earlier in the day.
- Keep the room cool.
- Avoid alcohol before bed
- Include magnesium rich foods (like leafy greens and legumes)
*And I use the supplements: L-Theanine and Magnesium L-Threonate.
Need more tips to manage menopause? Let’s talk: https://tinyurl.com/talktoshawna