Has your hair changed during menopause?
Possibly, and here’s why…
Declining estrogen can cause:
- Dry & itchy scalp
- Dull hair
- Reduced ability for hair to grow
- Increased androgens which can lead to male pattern baldness like hairline hair loss & a wider part
Here are six tips to keep your hair healthy & strong during menopause:
- Reduce stress
- Get moving
- Eat well – include healthy fats, Vitamin B6, biotin rich foods (whole grains, salmon, pork, sardines, mushrooms, cauliflower, avocados, bananas, raspberries)
- Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate!
- Keep it natural – stay away from heat tools as much as possible and use quality products
- Talk to your doctor about your medications – some medications may contribute to thinning hair and loss
Managing the challenges of menopause can be challenging! If you need some support, let’s talk: https://tinyurl.com/talktoshawna