Misconceptions about weight loss…
- You need to starve yourself.
- It’s impossible to lose weight in menopause.
- You need to lose 2-3 pounds per week consistently.
- You need to cut out certain foods.
- You need to exercise an hour a day.
- You can’t eat out or go to social events.
- You must not stop dieting until you’ve hit your weight goal.
Let’s flip the script on that…
- You can feel full while still in a calorie deficit by ‘volume eating’ the correct foods.
- Weight loss, even in menopause is totally possible – it may take a different mindset with more patience & consistency.
- Weight loss is NOT linear & 1/2-1 lb weight loss/week is sustainable & excellent progress.
- ALL foods are acceptable in your plan (just not ALL the time).
- Moderate exercise & general movement is recommended.
- You can learn to eat in restaurants & navigate social events & still stay in a calorie deficit.
- Taking a diet break is helpful & often needed to keep your sanity & avoid metabolic adaptation (where your metabolism slows down).
- Slowly changing your habits is better than ‘going on a diet’ for sustainable weight loss.
I can help, let”s talk here: https://tinyurl.com/talktoshawna