Who doesn’t want to learn how to handstand walk?
This is one of my favorite skills that I learned in the last 2 years.
I’m 58 & if I can do it, so can you with some practice & patience.
You’ll need to be able to do a supported handstand first so, check out my handstand progression videos before attempting to walk.
Okay, here we go!
1. Do a wall walk so your nose is close to the wall. Keep the core & glutes tight. Work up to 5 reps.
*All other skills are done from this position.
2. Transfer weight by alternating lifting each hand. Work up to 10.
3. Now do alternate shoulder taps. Work up to 10.
4. Next do alternate hip taps. Work up to 10.
5. Now try to gently kick away from the wall & hold. Work up to 5-10 seconds.
6. Now point your toes, tighten the glutes, shift the weight to the fingers (instead of the heel of the hand) & try to walk away from the wall. Take small steps. Work up to 10 steps.
7. You’re ready to try kicking up into a free standing handstand hold & taking a few steps.
This is an advanced skill that takes lots of practice so don’t get discouraged when it doesn’t happen overnight.
The tips that help me the most are:
-weight on fingers vs heel of hand
-eyes on the floor
I’m excited for you to try this. Please tag me in any posts!
Have fun & happy handstand walking!