Can’t sleep? 😳 I get it!
Sleep disturbances can be a huge issue for women 40+
Here are ten tips to help you get some 😴💤
1. Prioritize exercise. Consistent exercise will increase your energy levels during the day, improve your mood and improve quality of sleep at night.
2. Make your bedroom a sanctuary of calm and relaxation. Avoid use of electronics in the bedroom as much as possible (Turn off electronics 30-60 minutes before retiring.)
3. Keep a regular schedule. Try to go to bed and wake at the same time, even on the weekends.
4. Reduce stress as much as possible. Uncontrolled stress leads to insomnia and elevated cortisol levels that will pack on belly fat.
5. Avoid watching the clock. Move the clock out of direct eyesight to prevent stress and anxiety if you awake in the middle of the night.
6. Create a ‘to do’ list or write in a journal prior to bed so you can ‘let it all out’ and clear your mind.
7. Do not have a heavy meal before retiring, which can interfere with sleep.
8. Resist hitting the snooze button, oversleeping can actually make you feel more tired.
9. Start and stick to a sleep routine. Certain actions associated with sleep will help your body wind down.
10. Relax…if sleep doesn’t come right away, getting anxious won’t help.
Surprisingly, nutritional changes will help!
My Healthy Hormone Challenge is a great option – we’ll tweak your nutrition and support your lifestyle with healthy exercise. You’ll get motivation and coaching in our group – it’s a huge win-win situation for only about $1/day…
If the challenge is closed, make sure to get on the waiting list so you get notified for the next one.