Having a bad day? 5 tips to help you cope…
To begin – In my self talk, I only allow myself to have ‘good’ and ‘great’ days. Obviously, some days are better than others, these are the great days. Other days are only ‘good’. If I tell myself I’m having a ‘bad’ day, it just seems worse.
When things don’t go your way, you can get STRESSED, so here are my tips to keeping that stress under control:
1. Keep things in perspective – I’m not facing a hurricane, my family and friends are healthy, I’ve got my health….see what I’m doing here? I’m practicing gratitude to realize that whatever disappointment comes my way, it can always be worse.
2. Feel the disappointment – We aren’t machines and it’s okay to acknowledge your feelings, even if they are negative. It’s just not okay to wallow in the negativity for a long time. That wallowing won’t serve you or others.
3. Get active – I go for a walk when things aren’t going well. It clears my head. Physical activity is a great stress reliever!
4. Make your ‘to do’ list – Action relieves anxiety and movement beats meditation sometimes. Any SMALL action will help to break what can become inertia when stress hits.
5. Ask for support – I’m not great at this but it really helps lessen the burden. I think this is why women are the stronger sex – we lean on and support each other.
That’s what a Facebook group I created is for. It’s called ‘Healthy Secrets for Women 40+’ and I’d love for you to join us.
It’s an amazingly supportive community of women seeking to improve our health. You’ll find answers to age-related health issues including fitness and fat loss, sleep issues, stress and all the other every day things that can get women 40+ down.
Let us pick you up!
You’ll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Healthysecrets/
Let us know how we can support you. And please invite your friends 😊