You’d be surprised at how a simple ‘hack’ like drinking more water can have amazing health benefits.
The body is a remarkable piece of machinery. When water intake is low, our body will turn into survival mode and begin to hold onto all the available water present in the body. This survival action can cause an increase in your body weight, swollen feet, legs, hands, and ankles.
Most people release 1500-2000ml (6-8 glasses) of water just with every day ‘living’, that is, without much extra movement or sweating. If you are more active you need to increase you water intake to compensate for your additional water loss. A good recommendation is to drink 2-3 liters (8-12 glasses) of water a day. Your body is made up to 60-70% of water. You need to help your body perform its everyday tasks by getting in your recommended water intake.
The many benefits of increasing your waters intake…
- 75% of all North Americans are chronically dehydrated.
- In 37% of North Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.
- Even MILD dehydration will slow down one’s metabolism by 3%.
- One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pains for most people.
- Lack of water is the #1 trigger for day time fatigue.
- Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
- Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, breast cancer by 79%, and bladder cancer by 50%.
- A low water intake interferes with proper fat metabolism.
- Water can be use as a natural laxative helping to relieve constipation.
- You could loss up to 10 pounds of fat in 1 year by just increasing you water intake.
And there’s more!
When you drink more water, your skin will be healthier as will your hair and nails.
You will retain less water the more water you drink.
Surprisingly enough, your body will hold onto every ounce of water it can when you are in a dehydrated state. So to reduce BLOAT, simply drinking more water is a great start.
Your body will flush out toxins and release fat more readily when you’re hydrated.
Sometimes you’re actually THIRSTY instead of hungry, so reach for a glass of water before eating – this will prevent ingesting excess calories.
As well, reducing liquid calories and replacing with water can make a world of difference.
If you have the habit of drinking a soda a day, this can add up to an additional 52K calories a year or 15 lbs of fat if it’s not used as energy. Replacing that soda with water could allow you to drop 15 lbs of fat without doing anything else.
A great tip is to buy a cool water bottle that goes with you everywhere. It’s a good reminder to drink more through out the day. As well, it will help you avoid the BPA’s in plastic water bottles. BPA’s really mess with your thyroid so it’s best to avoid them.
So drink up! Grab yourself a glass of water and my free book: http://www.LoseYourMenopauseBelly.com
If you need some support and accountability, I’m here for you.
If you’re tired of cookie cutter ‘one-size-fits-all’ fitness programs that work for others but not for you, then I have something entirely customized to fit your specific needs so that you can finally reach your goals and maintain them for good.
Wouldn’t you love to go to the mall and find not one, but THREE bathing suits that look great? Let me help. Find out how HERE.