Are you setting a New Year Resolution?
Have you ever set a goal and not achieved it?
I know a few of you have fallen down – we all have.
Can I ask you a favor?
Could you please speak as kindly to yourself in the encouraging ways that you would speak to a friend? Especially when you make a mistake?
There’s no value in beating yourself up when you fall down. We all fall, it’s a matter of how soon you get back up.
We just have to approach things a little differently this year.
Living a healthy lifestyle is a process and we’re all at different stages of the journey. There will be times when things are easier than others. There are times when things seem impossible.
I have a few tips for you to finally accomplish your health goals this year…
If you feel that things aren’t doable, lower your standards.
That may sound ridiculous but what I mean is, dial things back a bit to give yourself DOABLE goals. Feel some success again and then build on it rather than continually miss the mark and feel like a failure.
Sometimes it just takes a little step backwards to step forwards again.
Another suggestion if you feel that you’re in a rut is to set process goals instead of outcome goals.
There’s actually a big difference.
An outcome goal might be a bit arbitrary, like ‘I want to lose 20 pounds’ or ‘I want to earn $xxx’. These things aren’t entirely within your control. Process goals are things you can control. They are the action steps that solve a problem. Try to set three process goals for each outcome goal.
For example, if you want to lose 20 lbs, you could:
-workout 3-4 times a week
-pack your lunch instead of buying it
-be accountable to someone by checking in each day
When you achieve your process goals, your outcome goals take care of themselves.
You can achieve what you want. I believe in you.
Speaking of accountability, I will be opening my Shawna 247 coaching program again and I have room for a few more.
Here’s what the program is about:
1. The purpose of this group is to provide ACCOUNTABILITY so that you lose fat around your middle, (and by the way, you’ll also IMPROVE your current fitness level).
2. You’ll get your very own personal coach to reach out to for questions and support, whatever you need <-THIS is the secret sauce!
3. A large focus will be on NUTRITION. We’ll address your nutrition needs with a doable plan. Your physique WILL change when you follow the plan.
4. We’ll undertake workouts together. These are totally scalable no matter where you are in your fitness journey. And you’ll get a NEW program every 30 days.
4. You’ll be ACCOUNTABLE daily to me and a group of like-minded supportive women.
If you think that this is something that you’d like to get in, find out more HERE.
If you want to feel your BEST EVER in 2018…
So you feel comfortable and confident in all your favourite clothes….
So YOU feel in control, instead of food controlling you…
So you can stop the weight loss yo-yoing…
So you can be the example to others that you want to be…