Right now it’s the beginning of May as I write this, so by the first weekend in June, you could be feeling more confident getting into your summer clothes…
I have more on that and a cool workout I wanted to share with you (below), but before I do that, I wanted to do a ‘check up from the neck up’…
How are YOU doing?
For me, I’ve had a lot on my plate in the last few weeks and I’m reminded that attitude goes a long way when it comes to life.
A few things have happened recently that could easily let me spiral into a bit of a pit. It takes quite a bit of mental gymnastics to keep from going into a tail spin, but the extra mental effort is well worth it.
Instead of focusing on the few things that AREN’T going well, I’d prefer to focus on the multitude of things that ARE going well.
For me, being grateful and counting my blessings are the ONLY ways to counter negative thoughts.
I know that a strong mind that overcomes negative thoughts will make for a happier ‘ME’.
In addition to a strong mind, here are a few other very practical things that help me from losing my sh*t when it hits the fan:
1. Sleep – Under rated in today’s fast paced culture – I know if I’m rested I can conquer the world. Simply put, protect your sleep by having a regular routine – there are a multitude of benefits of sleep beyond just coping with stress.
2. Nutrition – Clearly I can cope best when my body is fueled properly and when I’m feeling strong. How can I expect myself to go to battle riding with a flat tire or trying to use a faulty spear? Seriously, sometimes life is just a battle, when I’m prepared, I’m far more likely to be successful at whatever challenge I take on. Pay close attention to how you fuel your body.
3. Support – Don’t be an island – Everyone needs a shoulder or someone to talk to. Lean on a friend, discuss your issues and possible solutions. Don’t just focus on all the bad stuff though, make sure that after you’ve had a chance to vent and strategize, focus on gratitude.
Being positive and seeing blessings in all things helps so much more than you may think – positive thinking is a learned and worthwhile habit to get into.
(Just so you know, I’m writing these things as reminders to myself as much as to you.)
4. Training – A solid workout goes a long way to help reduce stress. I know that you may not always have time or access to equipment so short workouts like the one that follows are a perfect solution.
If you’ve done any of my Challenge Workouts you know that short does NOT mean easy. We’re looking for efficient workouts that boost the ‘fountain of youth’ hormone.
Here’s an example:
Format: 20-10 (20 seconds of work, 10 seconds of rest = 1 round)
- Jumping Jacks – 20 seconds on, 10 seconds off x 4 rounds
- Side to Side Pushups – 20 seconds on, 10 off x 4 rounds
- Bodywgt Squats – 20 seconds on, 10 off x 6 rounds
- Total Body Extensions or burpees – 20 seconds on, 10 off x 6 rounds
This sort of workout will help your body produce HGH or growth hormone, otherwise known as the “Fountain of Youth” hormone. When your body produces the MAXIMUM amount of this fat-burning hormone through exercise, it literally attaches to your fat cells and shrinks them.
So in addition to being a stress reducer – this workout will help you drop a pant size in 29 days.
If you love the thought of having quick and effective workouts at your finger tips, check out the done-for-you workouts at the link below.
And the best part is, this cutting-edge NEW routine includes follow along workout videos. so you don’t have to worry about reading a manual, or checking your timer every few seconds in the middle of each exercise.
All you have to do is press play and you’ll be done in 10-minutes.
Flatten Your Stomach in 10-Minutes per Day – no joke =)
Use these tips to do a check up from the neck up AND Drop a pants size by the first week in June if you start right now.