I have just the thing…
But first, an embarrassing story…now since my son doesn’t read my emails, I can tell you this.
Once I made ‘healthy’ brownies, but they were of the black bean variety.We had dinner, chased it with a delicious and
healthy black bean brownie and then we went to a movie.
Now it’s no mystery the effect that beans have on one’s digestive system and the body can recognize beans even when
disguised in brownies 😉
Let me tell you that Sam and I were happy when the movie was over so we could get home to our own bathroom…
TMI? Well, sorry about that, but it gives me the opportunity to provide you with an alternative delicious brownie recipe (see below).
This one comes from my friend Yuri and his wife Amy and their new “Fast Fat Burning Meals” cookbook.
If you want more surprisingly quick and delicious healthy
recipes – that help reduce inflammation and shed “trapped” fat from your body – then take a look at this brand new:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 100 g dark chocolate (70% cocoa)
- 1⁄2 tsp baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1⁄4 cup palm sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup enjoy life chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 tsp almond extract (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease with coconut oil, and line an 8×8 baking dish with 2 overlapping sheets of parchment paper.
2. In a double boiler,or a bowl placed over simmering water, melt the chocolate, stirring often. Once 3⁄4 melted, remove from heat, and continue to stir. Once the chocolate is melted, add the coconut oil and stir until melted.
3. Mix together eggs,sugar,vanilla, and almond extract (if using). Once mixed well, add the almond flour and cocoa powder.
4. Slowly add the chocolate mixture, stirring constantly. Finally, mix in the chocolate chips.
5. Bake at 350F for 20–25 minutes until just set. Cool in pan before cutting.
Voila – Now you’ve got a delicious pan of fat burning brownies that you can turn to whenever you want a little sweet treat – without the guilt.