I used to HATE vegetables.
When I was a kid I’d actually gag on anything resembling one but over the years I just taught myself to LOVE veggies.
If you wrap anything up in bacon, I bet you can turn any veggie hater into a veggie lover 😉
Now many of you may think that bacon is on the ‘NO!’ list as far as diet goes, but you’ll be surprised at what you learn about bacon in this article.
My friend Nick, The Nutrition Nerd, comes to bacon’s defense. He’s found more than 582 independent studies (from the top medical journals) providing proof that we’ve been misled about bacon. It won’t clog up your arteries and make you fat as it was once thought.
You can now enjoy bacon (in this recipe below and others) after you read Nick’s revealing article here.
Here’s a yummy and nutritious way to disguise asparagus:
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- 1 (12 ounce) package bacon, strips cut in half
- 1 bunch (16 ounce) fresh asparagus
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a casserole dish.
- Set out the bacon, asparagus and casserole dish in a little assembly line. Lay out a half strip of bacon. place a small bunch of asparagus (6 or 7) onto the strip of bacon and roll up into a bundle. Place the bundle into the casserole dish, seam side down. Repeat with remaining bacon strips and asparagus. You can pack these pretty tight in the pan, just know that if the bacon is touching another bundle they take some prying to get apart. Sprinkle with the coconut sugar and salt and pepper.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned and heated through, about 20 minutes.
Enjoy this recipe and eat bacon guilt free after reading this.