When you want a healthy meal that doesn’t compromise on flavor—here’s your dish. This vegetarian recipe calls for chicken substitute, but you can use real chicken if you want. Bake or grill real chicken before adding it to the recipe.
Here’s what you need…
- 3 cups hot cooked instant rice (cooked as directed on the package, omitting margarine and salt)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon oil
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced
- 4 frozen breaded chicken substitute patties, thawed, cut into bit-sized pieces
- 3 tomatoes cut into thin wedges.
1. While rice is cooking, in small bow, combine 1 cup water, soy sauce, cornstarch and red pepper flakes; blend well. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet or wok over medium heat until hot. Add onion and bell pepper; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until onion is tender. Add 2 tablespoons water and zucchini; cover and cook until all vegetables are tender.
3. Add chicken substitute pieces and tomatoes; cook until thoroughly heated. Stir cornstarch mixture; added to skillet. Cook and stir until thickened. Serve mixture over rice.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 380 calories, 10g fat, 54g carbohydrate, 6g fiber, and 13g protein