Guest Post: Sylvia Favela
If there’s one really noticeable, common element to all of those women who practise Pilates – it would be their sleek, sexy physique. Just look at today’s top celebrities and you’ll be sure to find that their weekly routine includes Pilates!
When practising Pilates you need to keep in mind that it’s quality NOT quantity that makes the difference. When you execute these moves with control and awareness you’ll quickly notice a tighter mid-section!
Let’s face it, no-one wants a flabby waistline! Sexy curves and a trim waistline are just some of the benefits you’ll get with Pilates. When you slip on your bikini this summer, is it the muffin-top you’ll be seeing or a sleek waistline?
Pilates Waist Slimming Workout:
Do 10 reps of each move (left and right equals one rep) for a total of 4 sets. Do both exercises in a row without stopping. Only take a rest if you need it – add 10 seconds rest between sets.
Chest Lift x 10
Single Leg Switch x 10 per side
Up to 4 sets
- Keep your abdominals drawn in and tight. Keep your belly button pulled into your spine – we are targeting the deep transverse abdominals that wrap around your hips like a cumberbund or corset of muscle. We want to keep those muscles engaged throughout the workout.
- Resist the urge to arch your lower back or use your hip flexors. Keep your spine in neutral.
- Keep your pelvis still by trying not to rock your hips side to side.
- Let your head fall gently back into your hands with no tension in your neck.
- Maintain proper head alignment with the spine.
- Keep ribs pulled in towards the spine and down to the floor.
- Do not tuck your chin to your chest or shrug shoulders up to your ears.
- Breathe! Inhale and exhale through each move.
Pilates is a unique method of engaging your abdominals without the overuse of your lower back or stress on your joints. It’s time efficient, doesn’t require equipment and can be done anywhere. Combine these moves with your great nutrition and you’ll be sporting your sexy trim waistline too.
For more fun and effective Pilates workouts check out Sylvia “The Pilates Chick” She’s celebrating her 40th birthday in fabulous shape – so check out the birthday savings YOU can enjoy!