I got an email from Mary.
She loved a workout I had on the blog, but it required that she get up and down from the floor; Mary couldn’t get up and down off the floor. She was discouraged and asked me for help.
Well, some of the workouts I post are a little too aggressive. Some of you may be very intimidated by the workouts I have on the blog.
If this is you, I have good news.
I was lucky enough to be included in the videos for a program called Functional Fitness.
If you are:
- new to fitness or at all intimidated by fitness
- recovering from an injury
- 50+ and need a ‘gentle’ approach
- looking for ‘follow along’ videos
- need ‘coaching’ along the way
This is an at home fitness solution for you.
Here I discuss the program with the creators, Dr. Cody Sipes and Dr. Dan Ritchie:
Here’s a sample workout:
Level 2 Workout #1
Equipment: Tubing anchored chest level, dumbbells
Time: 17 min
- Split Squat–12 reps each leg
- Sleeping Dog front and back–3 reps each leg
- Two arm standing dumbbell lateral raises–12 reps
- Standing alternating tubing rows–12 reps each arm
- Sleeping Dog side to side–5 reps
- Standing alternating chest press–12 reps each arm
- Standing alternating lat pull down–12 reps each arm
- Heel Toe Rocks–30 seconds
- Side Step Ups–12 reps each leg
- Bridge with arms together–3 reps (5 sec hold)
- Bird Dog with limb movement to side–2 reps each limb
This is a fantastic program to get you moving safely. If you need a place to get started with your return to fitness, this is the one.