There’s been a lot of buzz about Challenge Complexes this week and I’m pretty excited to share them with you. If you’ve been on my blog much lately, you may have noticed that I’ve posted about our frigid winter weather. I have to say that working on Challenge Complexes has saved my sanity. I’ve been glued to either my lap top or I’ve been in my studio creating and doing complexes or filming videos.
While I’ve managed to avoid cabin fever since I’ve been pretty focused, I can’t say the same for Sev. I give him tasks, like to go make me lunch (I sometimes forget to eat if I get too wrapped up) but he looks at me like I’m crazy…which of course I worry that I am. I mean, who makes their dog wear a sweater for a Christmas photo? I actually blame Hannah for Sev’s sweater….
In any case, it’s been a cold start to our winter here and I’ve been happy to work hard to bring you some fun workouts. I’ve returned to my regular gym to find acquaintances asking if I’d fallen off the planet. I haven’t been there in about 6 weeks with all this Challenge Complexes stuff going on. You can be assured that I didn’t miss a workout, but I did miss some human contact. I don’t know what’s worse: a crazy lady with a dog in clothes or a crazy cat lady.
So…onto what this post is really about:
Would you like some more information about Challenge Complexes?
You’ll see a workout below with the description and LOTS more in this report I put together for you: ChallengeComplexReport
Sev was a little put out that he didn’t make the video cut for this workout below. (He had to settle for being the camera-dog….OMGosh, I think I’ve totally lost my marbles.)
These are the exercise that you’ll do:
- Romanian deadlift
- High pull
- Front squat push press (goblet squat press with KB)
- Bent over row (do single arm row with KB if you only have one KB)
- Weighted burpee with push up (burpee on the floor when using KB)
Add a TON of variety by trying these methods with the above workout:
- 30/05 6 rounds
- 10 reps of each exercise for 3 rounds
- Do three rounds, alternate BB, DB, KB for each round
- Do the following rep scheme for each exercise with either BB, DB, KB: 10, 8, 6, 4, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 reps
- Do the same workout, but start with the burpee and work backwards
- Ensure that you end with a full body cool down for a minimum of 5 minutes after your complex workout.
Have fun with this workout and I hope you enjoy the ChallengeComplexReport.
As for me, now I’m going to pray to the weather Gods to give us a break from this cold snap so we can go get our sillies out in the dog park.
Oh, and if you want to check out the Challenge Complex program click HERE.