It’s a blizzard here in Calgary today (again). Sigh…Here was the weather report from last night.
I feel like wrapping up in a blanket and NOT leaving the house (ever!). Ever feel like this? Sev does, he refuses to wear his Christmas sweater even though it’d really help on a cold day like this (stay tuned I’ll get a picture on the blog soon).
Well, if you ever feel like this, before you snuggle up in your blanket, do this bodyweight and burpee workout first. You’ll feel much better about getting a workout in at home.
Then, after my workout, I’m going to do something surprising (but perfect for a cold day). Read on.
This is a great full body workout. It’s a countdown set, start with 10 reps of each exercise, then 8, 6, 4, 2 and then count back up the ladder: 4, 6, 8, 10 (or you could do 10, 9, 8….3, 2, 1)
It includes everyone’s favourite exercise: the BURPEE!
Here are the exercises:
wall sit stick ups
cross body mountain climbers
Rest as little as possible between sets.
For more cool workout ideas, and more than 50 burpee variations, head here.
Happy training! (That will definitely warm you up!)
Now I’m gonna go do some baking…
Yes, you read correctly. I’m experimenting for Christmas and figure that I’d best do a trial run. I’m going to try to make the recipe below.
My daughter, Hannah is quite the cupcake baker so I want to surprise her with some ‘healthy’ cupcakes.
My good friend Belinda Benn created “Sinfully Healthy”, a set of cookbooks which include 24 healthy (and unique) cupcake recipes like:
- Metabolism-Boosting Cupcakes
- Pure-Cleansing Cupcakes
- Energy Boosting Cupcakes
- Gourmet-Indulgence Cupcakes
- Protein-Power Cupcakes
- Libido-Enhancing Cupcakes
Each cupcake is delicious and actually good you because they’re power packed with super food ingredients, such as quinoa, maca powder and goji berries and use alternative sweeteners like Stevia. This means you get the same rich taste without all the sugar, fat and calories.
Take a look at the pics here and see if your mouth doesn’t water too.
I also like that Belinda includes instructions for making ingredient substitutions on your favorite recipes to make them healthier. So Hannah can swap out the ingredients in HER recipes to make them healthier. Thankfully she’s at an age where she’s willing to do this, the whole ‘I won’t eat it cuz it’s healthy’ stage is long past.
If you’re interested in the Sinfully Healthy cookbook package, it includes:
- Sinfully Healthy Gourmet Cookbook – over 100 super-tasty and healthy recipes for any occasion the whole family will enjoy!
- Sinfully Healthy Cupcakes Cookbook – 24 delicious super food cupcakes to help you burn the fat, boost your energy, improve your libido, increase your metabolism and much more!
- Christmas Super Food Snacks & Treats – stop guilty snacking by eating these delicious snacks which are actually good for you!
- 21-Day Fat Burning Accelerator Program – a unique and never before released rapid fat loss nutrition program which is designed to kick start your fat-burning efforts and see serious results in only 21 days!
- The Optimizer High Intensity Workout – designed to be used with the 21 day fat burning accelerator, this workout burns the maximum number of calories possible to really ignite your fat burning potential
- Torch The Fat Recipes – this added extra bonus which is ONLY available until midnight (insert date) will give you mouth-watering recipes to help burn unwanted fat
I can never have enough HEALTHY recipes to help my horrid cooking, but my cooking is actually improving 😉
Check out Belinda’s recipes here.