This post is double stuffed today….discover a carb trick and an awesome complex, read on…
When it comes to looking and feeling your best, I tend to think that what our grandparents did and said is still probably some of the best advice to take. They ate food that was ‘close to the ground’, that is not overly processed and they moved a whole lot more than we do nowadays.
Our world is so much different than back in the day right?
Typically, we live more sedentary lives and it’s difficult to get the same nutritional value from even what seems like the ‘same’ foods due to processing, mass production, chemicals, pesticides etc etc. And there are some discoveries about how our bodies process foods that have moved us away from the ‘meat and potatoes’ diet that Grandma and Grandpa perhaps had.
At the link below, my good friend and top nutritionist Joel Marion is going to show you one such discovery. You’ll see his #1 carb-fighting trick that you can use each and every time you eat carbs. This simple carb-fighting “ritual” is clinically proven to:
*Lower your blood sugar
*Increase insulin sensitivity
*Decrease fat storage
*Increase fat burning
Even better, you can perform it in just a few seconds…and it WORKS.
==> Do THIS before eating carbs (every time)
And in the name of getting lean and strong, I wanted to share this quick full body workout with you.
All you need is a barbell and 10-12 minutes.
Do this workout AMRAP style, or as many rounds as possible in 10-12 minutes:
5 high pull
5 front squat
5 push press
5 (per leg) incline spider crawl push ups
Your active recovery is the push up set. Pick up the bar and get after it right away, rest only when your form is falling apart.
Let me know what you think of these complexes, it’s been something I’ve been doing a lot lately. What I find super cool is that I’ve noticed my strength INCREASE while doing complexes. My workouts are SHORT and my fitness level is through the roof. This is a big accomplishment for someone who’s 50 years old and has tried pretty much every training method in the book.
If you want to get lean and get and stay strong, check out my program CHALLENGE COMPLEXES.
17 BB complexes
- -use a single barbell to Boost Metabolism, Build Muscle and Burn Fat
- -learn the most effective lifts to safely get an intense workout in 20 min or less
- -use BASIC and simple barbell moves to achieve your strength and fat loss goals
- -replace HIIT with amazing strength building workouts
- -perfect lifting technique while burning fat
- -avoid getting ‘skinny fat’ by maintaining and adding sexy, lean muscle tone
- -maintain and improve your strength by incorporating challenge complexes
- -use as a stand alone workout or incorporate into your program as ‘cardio’ or on your day off
10 DB complexes
- -add even MORE variety by using a single set of dumb bells to boost your metabolism, build muscle and burn away fat
- -avoid useless and boring gym machines by using only ONE set of dumb bells and a small space
- -train ANYWHERE for 20 minutes or less and achieve your fitness goals
Bonus: 8 KB complexes from Chris Lopez
- -use simple and basic kettle bell moves in easy to follow complexes from a KB master
- -perfect your KB moves while replacing boring cardio
All these come with coaching videos so you’ll know just what to do.