The best salads are a cornucopia of fresh vegetables, with little or no added fat. This salad combines some of the garden’s tastiest veggies and is dressed lightly with no added oils. Serve with a side of lean protein for a healthy, vibrant meal.
Here’s what you need…
- 4 eggs
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 cup curly endive
- 1 cup dandelion greens
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/8 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced into matchsticks
- 1 packet Stevia
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon raspberry vinegar
- Place the eggs in a pan of water; bring to a simmer for 6 minutes. Remove from heat. Crack the eggs all over, and then place in a pan of cold water for one minute. Remove from water, peel, and slice. Set aside.
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to boil. Add the asparagus and cook for 4 minutes. Rinse in cold water then set aside.
- In a large salad bowl combine the endive, dandelion greens, tomato, onion and pepper.
- In a small bowl combine the Stevia, lime juice, garlic, Dijon and vinegar. Mix well.
- Coat the salad with the dressing. Top with asparagus and sliced egg.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 119 calories, 5.5 fat, 137mg sodium, 9g carbohydrates, 2g fiber, and 8g protein.