Many tables include some form of green bean casserole. The problem is that the traditional recipe is loaded with fat (you know the one with the crispy fried onions on top). This is recipe carries the same beloved flavor with only two grams of fat per serving. Surprise the family with this tasty treat.
Here’s what you need…
- 1 Tbl butter
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 2 Tbl flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cans French style green beans, 14.5-ounces each, drained
- 1 cup shredded fat free cheddar cheese
- 8 Reduced Fat Ritz crackers crumbled
- canola cooking spray
- 1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Coat a 9 x 9-inch baking dish with canola cooking spray.
- 2. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in 2 cup glass measure in microwave. Stir in 2 tablespoons of the sour cream and the flour. Add remaining sour cream, salt, and sugar, and stir until well blended.
- 3. In large bowl, blend the sour cream mixture with the green beans, chopped onion and half of the cheddar cheese. Spread the mixture into prepared baking dish.
- 4. Spread remaining cheese over the mixture and top that with the cracker crumbs. Spray the cracker topping lightly with canola cooking spray. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the top is golden and sauce is bubbly.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 99 calories, 2g fat, 13g carbohydrate, and 7g protein.