Celery Sticks with Roasted-Garlic Hummus
Here’s what you need…
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 15 oz can cooked garbanzo beans, drained
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 8 stalks celery, cut into thick slices
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons water
- salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
1. Preheat the oven or toaster oven to 350 F. Wrap the garlic cloves in foil and roast for 10 minutes.
2. For the hummus, in a food processor, combine the roasted garlic, garbanzo beans, lemon juice, olive oil and water. Pulse until a smooth paste forms. Season with sail and pepper.
3. Arrange the celery sticks on a plate. Serve the hummus in a small bowl and garnish with dried parsley.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 132 calories, 3g fat, 21g carbohydrate, and 6g protein.