Are you eating for energy?
I like to pick the brain of my good friend, Yuri Elkiam, because he’s got some great ideas and recipes. Here’s a recipe for breakfast that I love:
This recipe is quick, simple, delicious, raw, and no measuring is required. Although this is considered a raw recipe, you don’t need to be a raw foodie to love this breakfast.
Packaged and processed cereals often claim to be healthy but when you have a closer look at the ingredients, you’ll be shocked to find them full of junk like high fructose corn syrup, glucose, fructose and food coloring.
All of these things cause inflammation in the body and should not be eaten on a regular basis for optimum health.
This recipe is a nourishing cereal full of antioxidants, good fats and lots more. It’s quick and easy to make and not only will it keep your belly full, but it will keep your body full of energy too. The coolest part is if you’ve made too much since all the ingredients are already water rich, you can let it sit for a few hours and it won’t get soggy like packaged cereals.
Clearly Yuri is aware of my cooking skills, because there is NO measuring required, just add all the ingredients right into your breakfast bowl:
- Washed fresh mixed berries – Use what you like, you cant go wrong as all berries are bursting with antioxidants
- Walnuts- chopped or whole – Full of omega 3 fatty acids
- Hemp seeds about 2 tbsp – Lots of protein –1 Tbsp Hemp seeds contain about 8 grams of protein
- Sunflower seeds
- Ground flax seeds – More omega 3 fatty acids
- Shredded coconut – A great source of healthy fats, MCTs (medium chain triglycerides) and it also has anti-bacterial properties.
- Flax seed oil or hemp oil (about tbsp)
- Soy, almond or nut milk
PS If you want a little more from Yuri, you can find out three diet pitfalls that drain your energy and more by clicking here.