If you’re going to exercise, you may as well do it right so I’ve compiled 17 exercise tips for women for you.
These are simple tips that you can put into place right away. These exercise tips for women can also be applied to men, they’re just great ways to burn more fat and build more muscle tone in less time.
And let’s be clear on our goals: most of you want to do just that. Almost ALL of you want to BURN MORE FAT, but you may not understand that you need to BUILD MORE MUSCLE TONE too.
Remember that muscle is metabolically active tissue. It takes more calories to maintain muscle than fat so you’ll burn more calories at rest if you carry even one pound more of muscle.
So with that in mind, here are 17 exercise tips for women who want a rockin body:
- Stay hydrated – Drink sips of water btwn sets
- Add HIIT – Stop the long, slow boring cardio and add high intensity interval training
- Jump rope in between sets as a HIIT option
- Do Kegel’s while you’re jumping rope!
- Drink a cup of coffee (or other caffeinated beverage) can slightly increase fat oxidation during training and gives you a little ‘umph’ (but you have to eliminate caffeine at other times of the day)
- Stop talking during your workout!
- Time your sets and rests during your workout to keep them short and efficient
- Change up your routine so you never repeat the same workout in a six week period
- Write down your workouts
- Strive to meet or beat a favorite workout routine by doing more reps, more weight or complete the workout in less time
- Don’t let anything interrupt your workout, block out time and write it in PEN in your daily agenda
- Find something that you enjoy, working out should be the highlight of your day
- Exercise with a friend
- Tell everyone about your fitness goals so that they hold you accountable
- Pair up a solid nutritional plan with your workout plans
- SHOW UP! Half the battle is just showing up to your workout, not every workout will be your best, but doing any kind of workout is better than none at all on those days where energy or time is short
- Hire a trainer, whether it’s in person, one on one, or in a group (like my awesome boot camp) or online (like my awesome coaching program)
These 17 exercise tips for women are simple to understand, not always easy to follow, but if you start, you’ll be getting better results before you know it.