Fat loss diets for women are not as complicated as some would have you believe.
In fact, there are only a few key principles that you need to keep in mind with fat loss diets for women to be successful in taking and keeping weight off. One key ingredient for success is to add daily exercise.
I like the saying ‘you can never out train a bad diet’. So many people think that if they jump on a treadmill for 30 minutes, that this will negate any and all poor eating for the day. Wrong. In order for any exercise to be effective, you need to couple it with a sensible eating plan.
To simplify, here are a few strategies that you can employ to drop a few pounds, especially those annoying pounds around the belly:
- Don’t skip breakfast. If you want to be fat, eat late at night and not first thing in the morning. If you want to be lean, do the opposite.
- Add protein, at least 20 grams, to your breakfast meal.
- Cut down on processed foods, especially those high in sugar.
- Try to keep your sugar consumption to under 30 grams a day, not including fresh fruit.
- White foods such as bread, rice, pasta, baked goods, etc, has got to GO!
- Reduce or eliminate artificial sweeteners. They mess with your system and they change your palate so you can’t enjoy naturally occurring sweetness as much.
- Drink, drink, drink. Water that is!
- Cut out all juices and allow yourself one alcoholic beverage a week with your cheat meal.
- Oh, have a cheat meal a week! Enjoy yourself and don’t count calories for one meal a week.
- Yogurt is full of sugar unless you’re careful reading labels. Go for low fat, high protein Greek yogurt.
- Cut out the junk! This is a no-brainer. An easy concept to understand but hard to consistently apply.
- Eat more fish.
Fat loss diets for women are pretty basic. In other words, the things YOUR mother probably told you, or the way your grandmother ate (more whole foods, less processed) is probably closer to what you should be eating in order to get to your ideal weight.
If you want more ideas and nutritional support, you can always try one of my programs. You can find my main program here: www.FemaleFatLossOver40.com and a 14 day Fat Furnace here: www.VirtualFatFurnace.com
I put a heavy emphasis on fat loss diets for women because I know how important these are for long term success.