The pull up is one of the most challenging exercises that there is. It’s most impressive to see anyone do multiple pull up reps.
The prime mover for the pull up is the latissimus dorsi.
The secondary movers and stabilizers for the pull up include the trapezius, rhomboids, biceps, serratus anterior, transverse abdominus and the obliques.
A beautiful physique can be sculpted with the simple pull up. It broadens and strengthens the back, while sculpting the waist in one fluid easy to understand, (but difficult to do) movement.
And here are 5 cool reasons why you should challenge yourself to do pull ups:
1. The pull up is the ultimate challenge. When you first try one, it may seem impossible, but after some dedication and hard work, it’s so empowering to be able to do one and then more.
2. It’s one of those body weight exercises that you can do almost anywhere. Find a playground outside if you don’t have a bar in your house and you’re set.
3. Pull ups are a compound exercise. They not only hit the back, but they’ll target the biceps and the abs as well.
4. A compound exercise is a bonus because this means burning more calories and fat!
5. Pull ups are one of the most impressive exercises you can do. How many people can hop up on a bar and bang out ten pull ups?
If you can do one or more pull ups, try this cool challenge.
Your job is to get 50 pull ups for time.
Here are the rules:
1. You need to do regular pull ups, not assisted or kipping.
2. You need to extend the arms fully on each rep.
3. Start the clock and any rest you take is included in the time.
4. Tip: Do about 40% of your maximum reps then take 10-15 seconds rest and then continue. For example, if you can do 12 reps max, then you may do 5 reps, rest for 10-15 seconds and continue.
5. Report to the blog how you did!
Here’s my 50 pull up challenge:
Here’s my birthday pull up challenge:
Can you beat me?
Feel free to do assisted pull ups too!
But…Let’s keep this in perspective! If you can get 50 pull ups at all within a 24 hour period, you’re light years ahead of 98% of peeps!
< 5 min – You’re a pull up God. Let’s hope you’re around to rescue kittens out of tall trees, or scale tall buildings for equally heroic reasons.
>5 min to 15 min – You’re the king/queen of the pull up bar. People should bow down to your pull up prowess.
>15 min – < 24 hours – You’re def a pull up champ! A little practice will have you rubbing elbows with ‘pull up royalty’ in no time.
>24 hours – Still impressive to be able to do 50 pull ups, but how far over 24 hours were you? Was it one pull up a day for 50 days? Getting one pull up is tough, if you can get one, you can get more, so just keep at it.
Need a program to teach you how to do pull ups even if you’re a beginner? I’ve got you covered. You’ll find it along with the rest of my coaching programs at a steal of a deal ==>CLICK HERE
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME 🙂
To celebrate my birthday ALL programs are 50% off until midnight Thursday, April 2.