Are you average? To me, that’s a little bit of an insult…Who wants to be average?
I thought you’d be interested in knowing some ‘average’ facts to see where you stack up.
(Apologies to my non-American readers, it’s easiest to find stats for the good ole US of A).
- Is 5 ft. 4 in tall, and weighs 134 Ibs.
- Has 28% body fat.
- Exercises 1.34 hours a week.
- Wears a 36 B bra. This is an increase from 34 B bra size worn by the average American female in 1990.
- Watches television 6.16 hours a day.
- Average child watches 4.7 hours of television a day on weekdays, and 8.4 hours on weekends – about 40 hours a week.
- Spends 21.7 hours per day indoors.
- Belongs to a commercial gym, but uses it less then once a week.
- Spends $596 dollars on sporting goods equipment each year.
- Spends $874 on vitamins and food supplements.
- Does less than one dip.
- Bench presses 60 and squats 105 pounds.
- Does four push-ups and nine situps.
- Can’t touch their toes without bending their legs.
- Goes on a diet 5.2 times annually. Only 17 percent of these women actually lose weight, but only one percent of them keep it off for more then five years.
- After the age of 25, gains one pound of weight per year.
- By the age of 65, will have gained over 40 pounds of weight.
- Will lose a half pound of lean muscle tissue each year after the age of 25.
- Will gain 11.6 pounds that she won’t lose every time she has a child.
- Consumes approximately 32 teaspoons of sugar each day.
- Consumes thirty times (9500 milligrams) more sodium than the body requires.
- Consumes more calories (4236 calories daily) per person than any other group of people in the world.
- Has 30 billion fat cells, the average obese American has 80 billion fat cells.
- Learns 14 new words a year reads .58 books a year, and writes 7 pages a year.
- Income is $64,000 a year – the median income is $51,000 a year.
- Will live to be 77 years old.
There you have it. How do you stack up?
There are some pretty scary facts here. Are you average? How about breaking above the crowd? Need a plan?
You’d be surprised how easily you can meet your fitness goals in a short time at home. Check out my program here: www.femalefatlossoverforty.com