Thanks to Krista (5:30 am) for sharing this recipe with us. She gives it two thumbs up and says that even her family members that usually dislike oatmeal enjoyed it.
CALEDON BAKED OATMEAL
– 2 cups old-fashioned oats
– 1/2 cup slivered almonds
– 1/2 cup dried cranberries or dried fruit of your choice
– 1 large unpeeled, firm MacIntosh apple, grated
– 4 Tbsp maple syrup
– 2 cups low-fat or skim milk or the liquid of your choice
– 1/2 tsp best-quality vanilla
– cooking spray
1- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a large (3 qt) casserole dish with cooking spray.
2- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. If you are preparing this the night before, don’t add the liquid ingredients like milk and the grated apple until morning.
3- Place mixture in casserole dish. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes. (towards the end of cooking time, watch carefully… this dish can go from perfectly tender to crispified very quickly.)
Makes 6 – 1 cup servings.
(From Tosca Reno’s Eat Clean cook book)