Take Gerald for example. He’s 80, he’s recently started walking regularly, he gardens and he picked up Challenge Complexes. He was curious if it was a little too tough for him.
Gerald has GAME! I told him to start the complexes with body weight moves and progress to light dumb bells and a broomstick.
The fact is, SOME of the programs I offer MAY be a little aggressive for some of my readers.
I think because I’m older, I attract an older crowd. This is fantastic, however, I want to offer a safe alternative to someone, maybe like Gerald, who needs to ease their way into fitness.
I was fortunate to be part of a cool program called ‘Functional Fitness’ by Dr. Cody Sipes and Dr. Dan Ritchie.
Here we are discussing the program:
Here’s a sample workout:
Level 2 Workout #1
Equipment: Tubing anchored chest level, dumbbells
Time: 17 min
- Split Squat–12 reps each leg
- Sleeping Dog front and back–3 reps each leg
- Two arm standing dumbbell lateral raises–12 reps
- Standing alternating tubing rows–12 reps each arm
- Sleeping Dog side to side–5 reps
- Standing alternating chest press–12 reps each arm
- Standing alternating lat pull down–12 reps each arm
- Heel Toe Rocks–30 seconds
- Side Step Ups–12 reps each leg
- Bridge with arms together–3 reps (5 sec hold)
- Bird Dog with limb movement to side–2 reps each limb
Now every workout is video follow along. I’m in all the level 3 and 4 workouts and you’ll follow along with every rep and set.
If you’re at all intimidated by fitness, this at home fitness solution is one to consider, especially if you are:
- new to fitness
- recovering from an injury
- 50+ and need a ‘gentle’ approach
- looking for ‘follow along’ videos
- need ‘coaching’ along the way
This is a fantastic program to get you moving safely. Often times I’ll present programs that are a little too aggressive. If you need a place to get started with your return to fitness, this is the one.